Yar Khan district is located in Punjab. It was declared as a separate
administration district in 1943. The district derives its name from
its headquarter Rahim Yar Khan. The previous name of this district
was Naushehra which was built in 1875 by Fazal Elahi Halani on the
ruins of the ancient Pul-Wadda during the Sumra rule in Sindh. Later
Nawab Sadiq Khan-IV of Bahawalpur renamed it after his son Rahim
Yar Khan is bounded on the north by Muzaffargarh district, on the
east by Bahawalpur district, on the south by Jasilmir (India) and
Ghotki district of Sindh province and on the west by Rajanpur district.
area of the district is 11,880 square kilometers. The district comprises
four Tehsils namely Rahim Yar Khan, Sadiqabad, Liaquatpur and Khanpur.
There are three municipal committees and five town committees in
district was taken over by PRSP on 5th of May, 2003. There are
104 Basic Health Units